Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thoughts on the First Post

Welcome everyone to the newest blog in the ramshackle Andrew C. Tate blogging empire. Considering how few visitors I get to my other half-assed blogs, I figure why not expand to another one. After all, a person can't have too many blogs, right?

So why does this blog exist? Simply put, it is here to fill a niche that was lacking in my blogs. Basically it is here for just general pondering and random thoughts. My main blog at andrewctate.com serves best as a blog for the things I do, such as watching movies, following sports, or developing web sites. August Prairie has a main focus on politics with a little bit of history and current events thrown in. Of course now, some of the more abstract thought on these topics will probably end up here. The Expat is focused primarily upon Vermilion County, Illinois, and the scope of Prairie Traveler's Guide is pretty self-explanatory. Therefore I decided I needed another outlet.

I must be upfront in saying I don't know where exactly this will go. I don't intend for it to get too personal, or for it to plumb deep into the depths of my consciousness, but I am not promising anything at this point. I also hope to keep it coherent and rational, but I just can't completely commit to that. It is for this reason that I have named the blog, as the bullcrap might get pretty thick here. As always, you are welcome to call me on that.

This might be a very dynamic blog, or it might sit dormant for long periods, depending on my mood and my willingess to ponder on things while writing in a fashion that is ready for posting. I hope it will be something that if not beneficial to society, isn't something that takes away from it. Of course, if it is deterimental to society, I hope it is at least entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment