Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Thoughts on a Ponderance

As I was sitting idly today, I pondered the musings that I thought up a few days ago. They were rather vague, so I shall not go into detail about them here. Suffice it to say they were interesting, and could very well have been entertaining.

Of course, do thoughts have to be entertaining to be worthy of being posted on a blog? Maybe so, if you want someone to actually read the blog. Of course in the case of this and its related blogs, that isn't something that should worry me. If the statistics are any indicator, these blogs are about as well visited as Radiator Springs from Cars after I-40 came through. So I suppose entertainment is not a requisite of the fevered regurgitated thoughts of my brain.

As fevered as the ideas may be, a blog post should be well structured and coherent, moving the reader along from beginning to end. Each paragraph should take over from its previous one, and should lead you on to the next. Failure to do so might leave the reader confused and angry.

As the Romans of old liked to say, "research is King". That is why all blog posts must be thoroughly researched. You certainly want to avoid Henry Clay's memorable gaffe in front of the House of Lords in 1930, and should instead emulate the speech of King Louis XV in front of the Kentucky State Legislature where he uttered the immortal words "Its Finger Licking Good, and I Helped!".

Nothing confuses or angers readers more than a irrelevant and misguided paragraph in the middle of the post. Well, mabe CaPItaLizaTion eRRorS, speling misstakes, and to incorrectly use grammar never not gooder which normally to.

No comments:

Post a Comment